A Leader's Work is Their People

“Early in my career, my focus was on acquiring head knowledge – learning and understanding the business side… Today, my emphasis is on improving my interactions and relationships with those I lead and serve…

“The principle behind servant leadership is that effective leaders are first and foremost servants. It encourages managers and leaders to be courageous, to be authentic, to serve, to tell the truth, and to be guided by love in all their interactions while at the same time accomplishing the goals of the organization.”


(Christopher R. Mosley, CEO of Chesapeake Health, in “Interview with Christopher R. Mosley, CHE, chief executive officer, Chesapeake Health, Chesapeake, Virginia.” by Kyle L Grazier. Journal of Healthcare Management: March / April 2005. Vol. 50, Iss. 2; pg. 75)

No comments: