Meaning & Purpose

“I'm not going to have a legacy. Legacies are for dead people. I already told you, I have no intention of leaving! But I would like to be remembered -- it's hard for me to contemplate that -- primarily as a loving father and grandfather. I would also like to be remembered... for what I have done in building these two great companies, Viacom and CBS. As far as philanthropy goes... every dollar I have given away I've had to work for, which makes it all the sweeter to be able to do something for other people.”

(Sumner Redstone, Chairman of Viacom and CBS, in “Redstone: `Legacies Are For Dead People'; The chairman of Viacom and CBS on growth, succession, stock performance, his daughter Shari, and his plan to live forever.” by Maria Bartiromo. Business Week: August 06, 2007. , Iss. 4045; pg. 28)

No comments: