Scary

“The problem with most people who don't succeed is that they see options.

"It's the way I was brought up. I dug ditches, I put in sewer pipe, I put in guardrail. When I was 18, my dad looked at me and said, ‘Where are you going? You can't live here. You going to go in the service? You want me to put your name in up at the shop? Try to go to college?’ So, I went to a cheap state school so I could work three jobs.

"When you don't see options, you don't give up easy. The real problem with our society is we've taken the word responsibility and turned it into entitlement, and we sit around thinking that's an option.”

(Roger Ailes, Chairman and CEO of Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network, and Chairman of Fox Television Stations Group, in "Boss Talk: Can Ailes Outfox CNBC?; Invoking Stonewall Jackson, Fox Business Chief Prepares To Battle Entrenched Rival.” by Rebecca Dana. Wall Street Journal: October 8, 2007. pg. B.1)

No comments: