Get Out There


"I try to find a way to interact with people at every level within the organization in some form or fashion. To me, the best part of this business is being able to work with talented, committed people. I find ways to interact with a pumper or a lease analyst or a geologist. I try to find some way to be involved and to communicate at every level of the organization. It makes a world of difference.”

(Tony Best, CEO of St. Mary Land & Exploration Company, in “St. Mary's Best,” by Taryn Maxwell. Oil & Gas Investor: May 2007. pg. 53)

1 comment:

Joey said...

What I liked about meeting with CEO Dave Dillon of Kroger was that he made a serious committment to visit several grocery stores a week and see his company from the ground up. He said that he also made trips throughout the corporate office during the day, just walking to different floors and connecting with different employees of his company.